Sunday 4 September 2011

Sshh I was meant to be on the BBC


Well it seems like a radio interview with the BBC was a big secret, yes the fact that author, Brian Rowlands, advertised the fact that he was being interviewed on BBC Radio Cornwall to promote his book, the Life of a Single Parent, Brian, meant that Auntie Beeb cut the proposed interview.

In what is a shocking turn of events, the day before the interview, Brian sent out a message stating that he would be on radio the following day promoting his book, a book that is an honest piece of writing about a single parent who raised his kids single handily, a book that is from the heart and to promote the fact that there are many great single fathers out there.

Brian said “I was so proud of the fact the my local radio station had chosen me to be interviewed on BBC Radio Cornwall, that I felt I had to tell people, if you read the book you can tell that everything in life has been a struggle, and to gain this little bit of success was a huge honour for me, I felt that telling people would help station figures too, but then bang, the BBC shot me from the schedule, why? What had I done that had been so wrong?”

“I am an author that only has had very limited success, my book is more about people learning from my experience, enjoying the fact that I bought up kids on my own, the fact that I had been to the bottom and came back, this is a natural story of a parents ability, I pay my licence fee, as does everybody, so why do they feel the need to be like this, I am disgusted at the attitude of them”

“What grinds at me is the hypocrisy of the corporation that is the BBC, the fact that they advertise their schedules and who is on it well before shows are on, yet some small time author in Cornwall tells a few people that he is being interviewed on his local radio station and they axe me as if I didn’t exist”

The irony is that Brian cut short a family holiday to return to Cornwall a couple of days early so he could be interviewed, I am sure that this type of treatment by the BBC will reflect well to his children, the future licence payers of this country, the licence payers who pay the wages at the Corporation, yet are treated with contempt.

Brian was aiming to promote his book, http://www.thelifeofasingleparentbrian.co.uk/, Brian is available for further comments through his PR company, BK Business Solutions Ltd, Ben Coates, 07738 715038, ben@bkbusinesssolutions.co.uk

Please note this is a press release that was approved by Brian Rowlands and is not the views of Ben Coates or of BK Business Solutions Ltd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment