Monday 4 July 2011

HELP, WE NEED DRIVERS and QUICK!

At BK Sameday, part of the BK Business Solutions business, Managing Director, Ben Coates is desperate for help, even though he has been up and down motorways, day after day, hour after hour; he can’t clear his backlog of jobs, regularly Ben is out until the early hours of the morning and all weekend, but so popular is his personal service that the jobs are rolling in.



To service his current customers he has had to stop bidding on the different websites and concentrate on his contracted business, but Ben loves the work and knows people are in a far worse position.

Ben said “I have a couple of new drivers coming on board over the next few weeks, but I need sub-contractors, I need to be able to pass on jobs to others, all people need to begin is transport, I can advise them on the required insurances and bring them enough work to make a living, there is so much business in our industry, all you need is the attitude of hard work to succeed.”

“There is no greater feeling then when you collect and drop off the items, I am in negotiations for a bigger office already, but I also need an office with storage space, we are so important to the economy, when we are on time or early it means that goods or services can be provided quicker, we keep things ticking and I fully expect the industry to get even busier with the UK climbing out of recession.”

“Even though we have been flat out, we are now ready to take on more local contracts, our fleet will be growing rapidly, it is a chicken and egg situation, I wanted to ensure I could keep new employees or contractors busy, before I began this recruitment process, but once I begun the recruitment process I needed to being on new business rapidly, the advantage or being on the road myself means that I can train staff in the correct way, I understand what they go through, where the traffic hotspots are, the key is communication.”

To enquire about the recruitment process please contact BK Business Solutions Ltd on the following lines of communications, post to E-Innovation Centre, University of Wolverhampton, Telford, TF2 9FT, e-mail ben@bkbusinesssolutions.co.uk, or call 07738 715038.

No comments:

Post a Comment